DOA Discrete Opamp Colour Kit
- Full Kit
- Step-by-Step Guide
Add the sound of any discrete opamp to your Palette.
Discrete opamps (DOAs), such as the API 2520, are at the heart of countless pieces of classic gear. Every DOA has it's own tone, from slow and dark (ex: Melcor 1731) to fast and clear (ex: John Hardy 990). And DOAs are largely responsible for the recognizable sound of many consoles, preamps, etc.
The DOA Colour allows you to plug any DOA into your Palette and tailor the amount of saturation you desire. You can purchase the DOA Colour on its own or bundled with several DOA options:
- Whistle Rock Audio "ML918" - Jensen-style kit
- Whistle Rock Audio "ML2520" - API-style kit
- Whistle Rock Audio "BLU-18" - Jensen-style easy kit
- Whistle Rock Audio "RED-25" - API-style easy kit
- Gary Barnett "GAR1731" - Melcor-style kit (Only available bundled with DOA Colour)
- Louder Than Liftoff "Rogue Five" - API-style assembled
- Compatible with the Colour format
- Black PCB with gold-plated pads
- Mill-Max DOA sockets
- Designed by Eisen Audio for DIYRE
- Accepts any 2520-style discrete operational amplifier, including:
- API 2520
- Melcor 1731
- John Hardy 990
Real analog plugins.
Colour is a new format for analog audio gear designed for and by the DIY community. We took our favorite sounding analog circuits and put them on modules that are small, affordable, and swappable.
The Colour format consists of Colours and Palettes:
Colours are ultra-compact, pluggable analog circuit blocks that impart various types of analog color. Check out our ever-growing selection of Colours. Colours can be designed and released by anyone.