The HJFP2 is a microphone preamp based around a class-A JFET gain stage and custom input and output transformers. It is very similar to the HVTP2, except with JFETs instead of tubes providing gain.
- Custom input/output transformers
- Integrated linear power supply
- Industrial 2RU half-rack chassis
- Discreet, class A design
- Optional step attenuators to replace gain pots
- Switchable line/DI input
- $720 for full kit
- $844 with stepped attenuators
Adjusted Cost: $360 or $422/channel (two channels)
Hamptone preamps on eBay:
More information at www.hamptone.com.