Louder Than Liftoff
Pulse Tape Delay Colour (Discontinued)
The Pulse Colour from Louder Than Liftoff puts a perfectly tuned, vintage tape echo at your fingertips. With one click, Pulse makes it sound as though you've spent hours tweaking a tape echo and equalizer for the perfect atmosphere and tone. In fact, that's exactly what designer Brad McGowan has done. Pulse is an entire tape delay signal path, featuring delay, saturation, and filtering, tweaked to recreate the sound of Brad's beloved Otari echo deck.
- Compatible with the Colour 500-Series Palette
- Customize your Pulse with solderless jumpers:
- Delay time
- Feedback (repeats)
- Saturation on/off
- Wet/dry ratio
- Insert (variable wet/dry) or send (wet only) mode
- Combine with LTL's Pentode Colour for a true tube echo sound
- Frequency response painstakingly tuned by ear to sit in any mix
- Compatible with the Colour 500 Palette
Due to the complexity of the circuit, Pulse is not sold as a DIY kit. All LTL Colours are sold fully assembled, calibrated, and tested by ear.
See audio tab for more samples.
I absolutely love the way that real analog tape echo and slapback can add depth and dimension to a vocal or guitar track. A subtle dose can integrate a dry source into the space of the mix like nothing else. I use this simple effect so much that I knew we had to capture the sound of my trusty Otari 1/4" 2-track echo deck and miniaturize all those motors and tape heads for the Colour format.
-Brad McGowan, Designer, Louder Than Liftoff