L2A Passive Re-Amplifier Kit
- Full Kit
- Step-by-Step Guide
Coming soon: the newly upgraded L2A Rev E, shipping August 2021.
Get started with DIY and build your own professional reamping box with our most popular kit. The L2A is a rugged, sonically transparent re-amplifier that just happens to be a DIY kit. It's also a simple, fun DIY kit that happens to be an excellent piece of studio gear.
Unrivaled feature set
The L2A is the only passive re-amplifier to feature a Neutrik combo XLR/TRS input jack. No need to grab a TRS-to-XLR adapter.
The L2A’s three-way filter switch makes re-amping any source imaginable a breeze. The low-pass filter (LPF) tames high-frequencies, useful for mellowing out guitars and other bright sources, while the high-pass filter (HPF) is perfect for tidying up the low-end and sub-bass frequencies.
- Neutrik COMBO XLR/TRS input jack
- Transformer wound by Edcor USA
- Filter stage with Bypass, 1Khz LPF, and 160Hz HPF settings
- Super-durable enclosure made from architectural aluminum
- Circuit board custom designed for beginners
- Metal-film 1% tolerance resistors
- 21-detent stepped potentiometer (volume knob)
- Every nut, bolt, and wire needed to complete the project
The fun part
Designed specifically for DIY beginners, the L2A presents no risk of electrical shock, consists of only a few parts, and can be built in about 30 minutes. Step-by-step instructions are available at diy.re/l2a-manual
Estimated build time: 30 minutes
Make something great
The L2A multiplies the sonic possibilities of your recording setup by letting you plug the output from your computer, mixer, or tape machine into your guitar amps and effects pedals. Suddenly, all of your guitar gear becomes another set of tools for adding excitement, depth, and harmonic saturation to your pre-recorded audio.
|THD+N||<0.05% @ 1K Hz|
|Filter Freqs||160Hz HPF, 1kHz LPF|
What the pros are saying
- Brandon Drury, Recording Review