JFT Class A Transistor Colour mkI (Discontinued)
- Full Kit
- Step-by-Step Guide
The JFT mkI has been replaced by the JFT mkII.
JFT is class A, discrete transistor Colour inspired by the saturation behavior of triode tubes. The NOS JFET transistor generates musical, low-order harmonics that thicken the signal while maintaining its integrity. When driven into saturation, JFT exhibits a break up that is warm, familiar, and all analog.
- Discrete, class-A saturation circuitry
- "New Old Stock" transistor carefully chosen by ear
- Designed by Link Simpson of Steller Electronics
- User-adjustable distortion and gain controls
- Compatible with the Colour 500 Palette
- Blue PCB
- Full, step-by-step assembly instructions and guaranteed support
See audio tab for more samples.
The samples below demonstrate JFT with the Colour Palette's Saturation control set to 50%.
Real analog plugins.
Colour is a new format for analog audio gear designed for and by the DIY community. We took our favorite sounding analog circuits and put them on modules that are small, affordable, and swappable.
The Colour format consists of Colours and Palettes:
Colours are ultra-compact, pluggable analog circuit blocks that impart various types of analog color. Check out our ever-growing selection of Colours. Colours can be designed and released by anyone.