JFT Class A Transistor Colour mkI (Discontinued)
The JFT mkI has been replaced by the JFT mkII.
JFT is class A, discrete transistor Colour inspired by the saturation behavior of triode tubes. The NOS JFET transistor generates musical, low-order harmonics that thicken the signal while maintaining its integrity. When driven into saturation, JFT exhibits a break up that is warm, familiar, and all analog.
- Discrete, class-A saturation circuitry
- "New Old Stock" transistor carefully chosen by ear
- Designed by Link Simpson of Steller Electronics
- User-adjustable distortion and gain controls
- Compatible with the Colour 500 Palette
- Blue PCB
- Full, step-by-step assembly instructions and guaranteed support
See audio tab for more samples.
The samples below demonstrate JFT with the Colour Palette's Saturation control set to 50%.