Whistle Rock Audio
ML918 Discrete Opamp Kit
- Full Kit
- Step-by-Step Guide
The ML918 is Whistle Rock Audio's recreation of the Jensen JE-918 opamp. In an attempt at keeping things as authentic as possible, the closest modern substitute transistors are used in the ML918 along with the highest quality capacitors and resistors. But...what about the sound? Being the 'old brother' of the very well regarded Jensen 990 opamp, it is clean, smooth and balanced.
This kit contains all the parts required to build a complete ML918 DOA optimized to run at +/-16V. However, a very simple mod which consists of substituting three resistors will allow for +/-24V operation. See the manual for more details.
- Faithful Jensen 918 circuit recreation with input protection
- Careful layout for maximum flexibility and easy assembly
- Supply voltage: +/-12 to +/-18V (up to +/-24V with mod)
- Quiescent current draw: +/-15mA @ +/-16V
- Dimensions (LxW): 1.1"x1.1"
- Height: 0.95" from the tip of pins to top of output transistors / 0.625 from lowest solder joint to top of output transistors
- Standard 990 / 2520 footprint
- High current output
- Best quality components throughout