Colour 500-Series Palette mkII
- Full Kit
- Step-by-Step Guide
Add three stages of real analog color to your setup in a single 500-series slot.
Revamped Controls. Dial in exactly the signal path you want with individual drive/trim knobs and bypass switches for each Colour. 21-position stepped controls make stereo matching and recall easy.
Still Radically Affordable. Despite featuring new controls, an upgraded signal path, and aluminum knobs (formerly a premium upgrade), the Palette mkII still comes in at an unbelievable price point.
Even DIY Friendlier. The Palette mkII is our most carefully thought out and documented kit yet. Over the last few years, we've seen seen every possible snag a DIY project can hit, and built every way we can think of to prevent those snags into this kit.
Full Features List
- 3 Colour sockets. Colour modules are sold separately. Browse our ever-broadening Colour spectrum.
- Individual knobs and switches for each Colour
- Master output trim/boost control
- 21-position detented potentiometers for stereo matching and recall
- Anodized aluminum knobs (previously an upgrade, now stock!)
- Customize your signal chain by swapping Colours' positions
- Ultra-transparent signal path when Colours are bypassed
- Electronically balanced, line-level inputs and outputs
- RGB indicator LEDs automatically light up to the hue of the Colours installed
- Compatible with the 500-series format
- Kit includes every part need to complete the Palette
The balanced, line-level input signal is received via a THAT Corp. 1256 integrated circuit. From there, the signal passes through each Colour stage in series.
Each Colour stage includes a bypass switch and combined drive/trim control. The drive/trim control is a dual potentiometer that controls both a drive amplifier before the Colour and corresponding attenuator after the Colour. The result is that the Colour's intensity increases/decreases while the net gain remains the same.
The Colour stages are followed by a master output trim/boost control and bypass switch. Finally, the output signal is balanced via a THAT Corp. 1646 line driver IC.
|Colour Controls Gain Range||0-18dB|
|Output Control Gain Range||+/-6dB|
|Max Input Level||27.5dBu|
|Power Supply Voltage||+/-16VDC|
|Power Supply Current||140mA|
|Chassis Requirements||Compatible with any 500-series rack|
|Nominal Operating Level||+4dBu|
Real analog plugins.
Colour is a new format for analog audio gear designed for and by the DIY community. We took our favorite sounding analog circuits and put them on modules that are small, affordable, and swappable.
The Colour format consists of Colours and Palettes:
Colours are ultra-compact, pluggable analog circuit blocks that impart various types of analog color. Check out our ever-growing selection of Colours. Colours can be designed and released by anyone.