L2A Passive Re-Amplifier Kit
- Full Kit
- Step-by-Step Guide
Coming soon: the newly upgraded L2A Rev E, shipping April 2021.
Get started with DIY and build your own professional reamping box with our most popular kit. The L2A is a rugged, sonically transparent re-amplifier that just happens to be a DIY kit. It's also a simple, fun DIY kit that happens to be an excellent piece of studio gear.
Unrivaled feature set
The L2A is the only passive re-amplifier to feature a Neutrik combo XLR/TRS input jack. No need to grab a TRS-to-XLR adapter.
The L2A’s three-way filter switch makes re-amping any source imaginable a breeze. The low-pass filter (LPF) tames high-frequencies, useful for mellowing out guitars and other bright sources. While the high-pass filter (HPF) is perfect for tidying up the low-end and sub-bass frequencies.
- Neutrik COMBO XLR/TRS input jack
- Transformer wound by Edcor USA
- Filter stage with Bypass, 1Khz LPF, and 160Hz HPF settings
- Super-durable enclosure made from architectural aluminum
- Circuit board custom designed for beginners
- Metal-film 1% tolerance resistors
- 21-detent stepped potentiometer (volume knob)
- Every nut, bolt, and wire needed to complete the project
The fun part
Designed specifically for DIY beginners, the L2A presents no risk of electrical shock, consists of only a few parts, and can be built in about 30 minutes. Step-by-step instructions are available at diy.re/l2a-manual
Estimated build time: 30 minutes
Make something great
|THD+N||<0.05% @ 1K Hz|
|Filter Freqs||160Hz HPF, 1kHz LPF|
What the pros are saying
- Brandon Drury, Recording Review