RED-25 Discrete Opamp Kit
- Full Kit
- Step-by-Step Guide
This kit contains all components necessary to build a RED-25 opamp. This is without a doubt the simplest discrete opamp kit available on the market today. All the heavy lifting is done for you, courtesy of the pre-mounted SMT components.
The RED-25 is Whistle Rock Audio's version of the sought-after Huntington era AP2520 from API.
Although a mostly SMT discrete opamp may seem unorthodox, you can be assured that all the components in the RED-25 have been carefully selected with a no-compromise approach. Throughout the prototyping stage, no less than three different manufacturers of equivalent SMT transistors were evaluated. It goes without saying that only the very best were chosen for the RED-25. In fact, performance measurements of the opamp show that the RED-25 is on par with its through-hole counterpart.
All surface-mount resistors are Susumu thin-film resistors and all capacitors are Murata C0G/NP0 types for the lowest noise and distortion achievable.
The RED-25 sounds large and impressive. The low-end alone is worth making it a part of your tone arsenal.
- Supply voltage: +/-12 to +/-18V
- Quiescent current draw: +/-30mA @ +/-16V
- Dimensions (LxW): 1.1"x1.1"
- Height: 0.95" from the tip of pins to top of output transistors / 0.625 from lowest solder joint to top of output transistors
- Gold finished pins
- Standard 990 / 2520 footprint
- High current output
- Carefully selected quality components throughout