Louder Than Liftoff
Rogue-Tec Air Passive EQ Colour (Discontinued)
There just may not be anything more gorgeous than strapping a pair of Pultec equalizers across a mix and boosting 12 or 16 kHz to add some "air" to the top end. The Rogue-Tec Air is a high frequency boost for the Colour format faithfully based on this legendary passive EQ.
- Passive EQ topology inspired by vintage EQP-1A3SS and EQP-1S3 equalizers
- Shelf boost frequency selectable via jumper: 3, 5, 8, 12, 16 kHz (other frequencies can be selected by fitting more jumpers)
- Shelf boost gain via trimpot: 0 to 12 dB
- Includes ROGUE FIVE™ discrete op amp
- 2520-compatible op amp footprint with gold plated sockets - swap in your favorite discrete opamp
- Wima film caps
- Pair with Pentode or CTX Colour modules for the ultimate Pultec vibe
Rogue-Tec Air is offered fully assembled and tested by Louder Than Liftoff. It and LTL's other Colours will not be available as DIY kits.
Our unique incarnation is inspired by two variants of the famed vintage unit. In the late 1970's Pulse Techniques, Inc. debuted a solid state version of the famed EQP-1A3 that featured an API 2520 discrete op amp to provide make-up gain for the passive EQ network instead of the usual tube amplifier. There was also a rare version (EQP-1S3) that offered 5 and 10 kHz high frequency shelving settings. We created a hybrid of the two and integrated an expanded set of passive shelving filters with a 2520-powered make-up gain amp to yield a combination that pulls high frequencies effortlessly to the front of any track or mix.
-Brad McGowan, Designer, Louder Than Liftoff