uComp Diode Compressor Colour
- Partial Kit
- Step by Step Guide
Inspired by the classic British diode compressor design, adapted to fit on a small board. Using miniature transformers that should not be underestimated in terms of sound. From subtle control to aggressive shaping with detailed transients, all while infusing the source with that vintage, warm tone.
The uComp is a diode compressor designed by Zombie Rec. We offer it as a partial kit for advanced builders. We provide a bill of materials, assembly guide, and the harder-to-find components. You will have to source the rest of the components yourself, and there is a little bit of SMD soldering.
- Distinctive diode compression can be dialed in for moderate smoothing or heavy limiting.
- Neutrik input and output transformers
- Compatible with the Colour format
- Full, step-by-step assembly instructions
- Nylon standoffs
- 8-pin Colour header
- BC550 transistors
- Neutrik transformers
- The rest of the parts must be sourced separately. See the uComp Bill of Materials