CP5 Colour Mic Preamp Kit
- Full Kit
- Step-by-Step Guide
The CP5 is the first microphone preamp to feature Colour. On its own, the CP5 is a reference-quality, 500-series mic preamp with copious amounts of clean gain. With Colour, the CP5 is the most tonally versatile preamp in the world.
World Class Preamp. The CP5 is a transparent, low-noise preamp based on the "clean wire with gain" school of design. The preamp's signal path features only best-in-class components, including WIMA capacitors and THAT Corp. ICs. Preamp gain and Colour are adjustable via stepped controls for easy recall and stereo operation.
Add Some Colour. Plug any Colour module into the CP5 to add some character to your preamp. Dial in the exact amount of Colour you want with the stepped Colour control. Switch between tone and transparency with the Colour bypass switch. The CP5's preamp works with or without a Colour installed.
Beginner Friendly. Like all our kits, the CP5 comes with every part required and step-by-step picture instructions.
Full Features List
- Fully compatible with the 500-series format
- Stepped controls (21 positions) for easy recall and stereo operation
- Anodized aluminum knobs and front panel
- Phantom power, polarity, -20dB pad, and Colour switches
- Mic preamp gain adjustable from +20-66dB
- Ultra-transparent, low-noise preamp
- No electrolytic capacitors or transformers in the signal path
- WIMA film coupling capacitors
- Based on the best-in-class THAT Corp. 1512 preamplifier IC
- Electronically balanced inputs and outputs
- Single Colour socket
- Colour control adjusts amount of Colour without changing overall gain
- Kit includes every component required to build the CP5
- Step-by-step manual and guaranteed support
- Sonic Scoop "...this really is one of the most versatile and useful preamps on the market. If you like getting your hands on a soldering iron, it can be one of the most satisfying to own as well."
Dialing in drum sounds with the CP5 and Colours:
|Input Impedance||3.6k/7.2k (pad out / pad in)|
|Gain||20-66dB, unity gain with pad engaged|
Real analog plugins.
Colour is a new format for analog audio gear designed for and by the DIY community. We took our favorite sounding analog circuits and put them on modules that are small, affordable, and swappable.
The Colour format consists of Colours and Palettes:
Colours are ultra-compact, pluggable analog circuit blocks that impart various types of analog color. Check out our ever-growing selection of Colours. Colours can be designed and released by anyone.