Podcast #1: DIY Condenser Microphones with Scott Helmke May 05, 2012 13:28 8 Comments
- How Scott developed the Alice mic
- The brilliant Mic Builders Yahoo group.
- The Transound TBS-165A condenser capsule
- What happened when Scott swapped electrolytic for film capacitors in the Alice circuit.
- Tips for DIY mic bodies and headbaskets. The McMaster-Carr store is your friend.
- What to look for in a headbasket mesh material.
- "Somewhere between sculpture and audio."
- Scott's most recent project: a linear microphone array for piano.